Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9, 2010

Hello there! So sorry that my email schedule has been way messed up!
The internet was down all yesterday and today we only have 15 minutes
so Im going to have to hurry. Luckily, not a whole lot is new. The new
latino group came this past week. Theres only 12 hermanas in the whole
MTC and I dont like them as much as the last ones but oh well. Umm...I
had to give a talk in church on sunday. In spanish of course. It was a
little rough but ended up being ok. I got a lot of compliments on my
spanish so thats good. Oh and while I was at the temple I was talking
to a lady there and she thought that I was already on my mission. When
I told her I was just in the CCM, she was shoked because she said my
spanish was so good. I think that she was just trying to make me feel
good but either way, it made me happy! haha

Oh, they gave me my address for Retalhuleu and its different than the
one I gave you. Im not sure which one you should use but here is the
one they gave me.....Blvd. Centenario, Z. 3, Retalhuleu, Guatemala.

In answer to questions...mom I got your dear elder in 4 days. I was so
happy! I havent gotten any other packages except for the first one.
No, it is not very safe here. There are fences all around the CCM and
guards with machine guns everywhere. Anytime we leave the CCM, we have
to have a group of at least 6. Last week we werent allowed to go
outside at all because I guess someone called and threatened the
missionaries or something like that. Weird. And they told everyone to
always carry money on them so when we get robbed, we just hand them
the wad of money. Wonderful right? haha

So I guess all through December, the people here celebrate every
single day. They shoot off fireworks every single night of December so
I get to fall asleep to that glorious sound every night. It sounds
more like an atomic bomb to me but what do I know?

Well I really dont have a whole lot else to say. Im getting a little
sick of it here. I think Im just getting excited to leave. Only 1 week
and 5 days left! BAH!!!! I love you all oh so much and I wrote and
sent a bunch of letters yesterday. Tell me when you get them.

I feel so bad not responding to everyone right away. I swear I would
if I could. ¡TE AMO!

Love, Hermana Kami Alyse Alston

p.s. Im singing a solo in sacrament meeting on sunday. Waa!! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Cute little Kam Kam! We need the newest letters on here! :)

    ReplyDelete