Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 25th

Well first of all, let me say, thanks for all the emails and letter this week. I was in heaven!

So I bet you are all wanting to know about changes huh? haha Actually Im sure that none of you care but I am going to tell you anyways. Hna Nelson and Hna Parada left me! Waaa! I stayed put in my area in Concepcion, but I got a new companion. Her name is Hermana Hidalgo. She is from El Salvador and is super super sweet. If I got to choose my companion, she would definitley be one of my top picks. Shes great. It was VERY sad to see Hna Nelson go though. Like....I was so sad it was a little bit embarrasing. She was too though so it made me feel better. We just became the best of friends. How can you not when youre together for sooooo long and see eachother 24/7? She is only about 15 minutes away from Reu though in San Felipe. haha Poor thing, I think that will be her last area and she will have seen hardly anything of Guatemala. And I think Im never leaving Concepcion. But oh well, good thing I love it huh? When the President asked me how I felt about staying in Concepcion, I told him that I thought I was never leaving and he said "Yeah, I dont think you are either. If you want, we can just order a boyfriend for you and you guys can get married here and be neighbors with me and Hna Maravilla." baha! JUST what I wanted. Saying goodbye to everyone with Hna Nelson was super super sad! Everyone was crying and what not. I am NOT looking forward to when I leave. That will be very sad.

Its odd having only a latin comp. I never speak english anymore. Its a little strange cause I had latin comps before but Hna Nelson and I could always speak English whenever we wanted. But Im sure its very good for me!

So I swear, every missionary in the mission is sick and I just got chewed out by a Zone leader. It was really fun. He was freaking out because one of the Elders in his zone had a fever. He wanted him to go to the emergency room. I told him to take some ibuprofen and go to bed. haha! he didnt really like that answer and started yelling at me a little bit. I love being the missionary that everyone hates! baha! Ehh Im pretty much used to it now.

So I have 2 funny stories. We were talking to a lady in the ward that sells Avon. And she asked me what my favorite Avon product was. So I told her bubble bath. And she didnt know what it was so I was trying to explain it to her. And she didnt know what a bath was. So I trying to explain what a bath was. And after like 5 minutes, she was like "OHHHHH YEAH!!! Ive seen that in movies and stuff. Its like a shower but all the water is at the bottom of it. Like a mini pool!" haha! I dont know why I thought that was so hilarious! Poor things. My life would be so empty without my baths. haha

Other funny/ really creepy story. So we contacted this house. And it was a little bit furthur out from our area. And we saw a million children playing outside so we stopped and talked to the dad. When we asked him how many kids he had, he said 19! He said "I have 12 kids here with this woman, and 7 kids over there with my other woman!". Oh dear. Then he went on and on about how he needs a 3rd woman and how he wants a gringita to be his 3rd. CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, we did not return.

Well that{s about all the news for today. I love you all tons and tons and tons and tons. Have a GREAT week!

Love, Hermana Kami Alyse Alston

p.s. I hit my half way mark on wednesday! I am so old and wise. baha!


Our dear friend and shortest human being in the world. She made me PROMISE that I would send this picture to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment