Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy December!

December 5th


Hello family!! Happy December! I am sooooo excited that it is December. 1) Because its my favorite month of the year. well one of them. 2) Because its the month of CHRISTMAS! and 3) Cause I get to talk to you guys on the phone this month. I am so excited that I could just die.

So this week was sooooo uneventful. NOTHING exciting happened. I didnt even take one picture to send you or anything. Sorry I am so lame. I spent most of the week doing nursing stuff because it just so happens that EVERY single Elder in the mission is sick. Its insane. They all get sick at the same time. But the thing is, is usually they call me with just like a cold or cause they stubbed their toe or something like that. But this week everyone called me with very serious problems. A few elders have serious knee problems, someone had to go to the hospital for an allergic reaction that they had to a medication, some had to go to the hospital cause they couldnt stop throwing up.... and the list goes on and on. The most intense thing that happened was this Elder that had to go to the hospital cause he had a bad infection in his intestines. So they treated that but it turns out that the infection spread to his heart and kind of did a number on it. Everything is better now and he is out of the hospital but it was scary there for a while. I was in constant communication with the doctor and cardiologist that was taking care of him. It was a little intimidating. Especially medical lingo in Spanish but I actually surprised myself cause I understood everything.

As far as investigators go, 2 of the people who went to the temple, have a baptismal date. But they havent been to church yet so we are waiting for that. And its hard because this next Sunday is the Xela temple dedication and there wont be any church so that will set us back a bit. But it will all work out. Oliverio went to church again. But we couldnt get his wife to go because she has been super sick.

But anyways, thats all I have got for you this week. I love you all soooo ridiculously much! Thank you for writing me and being so supportive! MISS YOU! Remember not to have any fun without me!!!!

Love, Hermana Kami Alyse Alston

No comments:

Post a Comment