Thursday, December 22, 2011

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!

December 19th

Hola familia!

I can{t even believe that it is Christmas this week! Where has the time gone. Pure craziness! I hope yall arent partying to hard without me!

So this week was pretty amazing as usual. You remember how we are teaching a lady name Mari (the one who has cancer)? Well we invited her to be baptised on the 22nd and she said YES! Only problem is, is that she got a fight with her loser husband and ran out of town. So we are trying to find her. I hope it actually goes through. That would be the most wonderful Christmas present for me AND for her! She is awesome. I think she is really looking for comfort through this horrible trial that shes going through. She doesnt have any close family and her husband spends all his time drunk in the street and with prostitutes. Very sad.

There is another guy that we found on a bus a while ago (Reny) I cant remember if I told you about him or not. But anyways. This week we were teaching him about baptism and he after the lesson before we had even invited him to be baptised he said..."I just have one question....how can I be baptised as soon as possible. I will be baptised today or tomorrow if youll let me. I just know that everything you have said is true and ever since I have listened to you guys, everything in my life has been going better". Excuse me what? That most definitely has never happened to me before. hahaha The weird thing is, is that he has listened to missionaries for YEARS and has never progressed. That just gives me hope that some of the people that I have taught that have never gotten baptised will get baptised with other missionaries. The only problem is, his work wont let him take off Sundays so he cant go to church. So he cant get baptised. But we are praying that he will find a way to be able to go.

So the reason why I am emailing so late today is because we had our mission Christmas party today in Reu at Xetulul. It was pretty fun. It was in a super fancy theatre. I cant remember if I told you or not but President asked me to sing for the talent show there. So I said yes of course. So I sang "where are you christmas". It was pretty fun. But here is the real kicker. A few days ago, the Pres saw a show there in Xetulul. And the lady that was performing was lowered down on this fancy chair with christmas lights on it. So he thought that it would be the best idea in the world to have me start singing and be lowered down on this platform. I of course refused and made up every single excuse in the book for why I couldnt do it but he would not take no for an answer. He laughed and said "oh my little daughter, you dont have a choice". HA! So yeah.....I pulled a Lady gaga and got lowered down on a platform while singing in front of about 200 19-21 year old boys. Yeah, that would happened to me. I was horrified but I did it will pride. And of course the President was verrrrry pleased. haha The Elders were very nice for me and cheering a ton. Although, they started yelling stuff and making kissing sounds and stuff and the Pres got FURIOUS and stood up after the song and said "do you want to be sent home?" Oh dear. Quite the drama. It was quite the experience. But it was fun to be able to see a bunch of my friends in the mission. Oh and dont worry, he definitely played the Alstons home for Christmas CD at the party. haha

Anyways, I think those are the most exciting things that happened to me this week. Sorry I dont have pictures. I forgot my camera cords but dont worry, I will send some next week. I am going to be sending some Christmas stuff for you guys but it will probably arrive SUUUUPER late! Like the end of January. haha But its the thought that counts right?

Well I hope you have a wonderful week and a VERY MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Ill talk to you in 6 days! LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Love, Hermana Kami Alyse Alston

No comments:

Post a Comment