Monday, January 16, 2012

Changes

January 9th


Hello my dearest family! Well I have a surprise for you this week. I had changes! They lied to us when they told us we didnt. Or better said, they changed their minds. I was EXTREMELY sad to leave Hna Hidalgo. She really has grown to be my BFF here. LOVE her! But luckily she just moved to the next ward over. Our areas are RIGHT next to each other. And she will be training at the same time as me! I am still in the same area here in Mazate but I got a new companion. Her name is Hermana Jimenez. She has about 4 months in the mission and is from Dominican Republic. She doesnt speak a lick of English but she does have an awesome Dominican Republic accent. I swear she should be translated right to heaven because she is the sweetest little thing in the world. I kind of feel like Im training because she is so new and doesnt really know what to do but I guess its good practice because on February 6th, I will be recieving my little hijita. (aka- I will be training. The new nurse) The changes are all weird this month because there was not enough room in the CCM so all of the missionaries from Mexico had to go to the CCM in Mexico. So there are like changes like 4 times in the next two months. Anyways, I dont really know much about the Hermana I will be training. I just know that she worked in a pharmacy for 5 years and is from Mexico. And doesnt speak english. Im not really sure what the President is thinking because its going to be really hard for her to be the nurse when she doesnt speak english. The entire computer program for nurses and EVERYTHING is in English. But, Ill just trust him.

So I have a good story. This week, we went and said bye to everyone with Hna Hidalgo. So we went to go say bye to Maria Gloria and her family. And they prepared a very special good bye dinner - - - Pig stomache and tongue. Ok, so I have eaten animal stomach before and its not THAT horrible. I can definitely do it. But I am telling you, it smelt like there was a LIVE pig on my plate. Like I knew what kind of meat they were cooking before I saw it cause it smelt like a nasty pig SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO strong. I was litterally gagging. It was the nastiest thing in the entire world. I tried everything, wrapping it in a tortilla, taking it like a pill with water but nothing helped. It was a nightmare. But I couldnt refuse it cause they are soooo poor and prepared it especially for us. I hope I NEVER have to do that again.

As far as investigators go, we had 4 people at church yesterday and a family! We were super happy! We have some positive investigators but they keep on saying that they dont want to rush into baptism. Waaa!! With one investigator family that we{ve had for a really long time now, he says he wants to get baptised but not yet. He just wants to be sure that hes ready. So to help him out and help him feel comfortable in the ward, we did a family home evening at his house. We invited a FEW members, and you would not even believe how many showed up. Like more than 25 people! It was awesome! Our ward is amazing. It makes me feel really guilty that I wasnt more supportive in the ward before my mission. That is all going to change when I get home!

As far as nursing stuff goes, everyone is sick. Whenever one missionary gets sick, the WHOLE mission is sick. They all have parasites and an outrageous cough. Including me. Its embarrasing. I will start coughing so bad that I start gagging. In the middle of a lesson. Oh dear. At least Im not the only one right? I also talked to Hna Maravilla and we are going to start traveling together and inspect houses to make sure that they are clean and such. It will be kind of fun but at the same time, its a huge bummer cause Im going to have to leave my area and my investigators! I hope it doesnt do too much damage.

Well thats all I got for you. Sorry I didnt send any pictures this week but it wont let me. Ill be sure and do it next week and send some of my new comp. I love you all tons and tons! I hope you have a wonderful week but that you have absolutely no fun without me!

Love, Hermana Kami Alyse Alston

No comments:

Post a Comment