Monday, January 16, 2012

!!!!FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!!!

January 2, 2012

Hello family!! Happyyyyyyyy NEW YEAR!!!!

First and foremost, I think that I should publicly announce that I got my packages! 3 to be exact! And I would like to give a shout out to Theresa, Sarah and Mom! Youre the best! I loved them so much! And I shared with my comp and she was the happiest little thing in the whole entire world. I also gave a ton of stuff to Maria Glorias family and it was the only Christmas that they had so they were the happiest people in the world. I have the best fam ever!

I feel like I still don{t have that much to write this week. Something about Guatemala is....they sure do know how to party. BIG TIME! The only downside to that is that when they are partying, they do not do ANYTHING else. So our pool of investigators kindof went down the drain these past few weeks. No one had time to talk to us and NO ONE went to church. Asistence this week was 70 people at church. Normally we have about 140. THAT IS HALF! Bad members! haha

One cool thing did happen this week. We are teaching this lady name Mariela. She is having a really hard time. Her husband beats here, and she has a major drinking problem. But she is super sweet. Anyways, so one day I called her to make an apt. All I said was "Hi, this is Hna Alston" and before I even had a chance to ask her if we could visit she said. "Hna Alston! Can you do me a huge favor? Can you come and visit me as soon as possible? Like tomorrow. Ive been thinking about it and talking about it with my husband and we are ready to change. We really want to change our lives. I know that you are servants of God and I bet you can tell that I am not a good person. But I am ready to change and I need your help." Well to say the least, we were very happy. But unfortunately when we went to our apt the next day, she was drunk. So we have a lot of work to do but I definitely have hope! I am just super happy that the holidays are over and we can actually get some work done. It was really sad to see the way that almost everyone celebrates the birth of Christ. Drinking and with prostitutes. The bars were the bussiest that I have seen them on Christmas than the entire time Ive been here. It made me sad.

Well for new years, we pretty much did the same thing as for Christmas. Stayed up till midnight, watched a TON of fireworks and sat on our front doorstep to watch the neighbors dance and set of fireworks. ha It was a good time.

I cant think of anything else good to tell you because I was sick for half the week. One night I actually thought I was going to pass away. I think I have a parasite again. My comp finally went and got a poo test and she had a GIANT worm!! We googled it and it is the biggest thing ever! Ascaris Lombricoides. You should look it up. I wonder if I have the same thing?

Well on that note, I will go now. Sorry I didnt have anything that exciting to tell you this week. Changes are on wednesday but I dont have changes. Neither does Hna Hidalgo but there are changes again in 2 weeks and I believe I have them then and will be training the new nurse. Ill let you know. But I love you all oh so much! I will see you all THIS year! Woohoo!!!!

Love, Hermana Kami Alyse Alston


Dirty dirty feet because I have holes in all of my shoes.

Oh just some friends.



These are only about half of the tamales that we recieved over Christmas. Like I said, EVERYONE gave them to us.


Chicken heart. Yumm!

Yes, I did eat it. And no, it was not very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment