Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 13th, 2012

Hola Familia!

Oh my goodness, I have so much to tell yall I dont even know where to start. This week was insane. Lots of stuff happened and we worked SOOO HARD! I am simply exhausted.

First and foremost. My hija came! Her name is Hermana Arroyo. She is from Mexico, 23 years old and braaand new to the mission. I will be training her to be a missionary and also the new nurse. She had no idea that she was going to be the mission nurse and when the Pres told her, its like her whole world came crumbling down. Poor thing. She does NOT want to be the nurse. President was sooo excited about her cause she worked in a pharmacy for 4 years. Turns out....she worked as a cashier. She doesnt know anything about medicine. Like ZERO! It will be interesting. I think she is going to talk to Pres and tell him that she refuses. We{ll see what happens. Poor thing has really been struggling. She is a girly girl to the CORE! She comes from a wealthy family and is absolutely horrified by the living conditions and just Guatemala in general. She nearly cried when she found out that we have to ride in the back of a pick up truck packed in like chickens to get to certain places in our areas. Also, we have lots of geckos that run around our house all the time and make this very weird noise and she cant sleep because she is absolutely terrified that one is gong to crawl on her. She also gets tired really fast and cant even believe that she will not get to rest for a year and a half. She has been thinking about giving up and going home but I quickly talked her out of it. I feel so bad for her. I hope she adapts quickly.

In spite of the hard time she is having she wants to work. We have been incredibly busy this week and our goal this week was to bring as many people as we could to church. We had 6 investigators at church! 13 including their kids. We were sooo excited You would not believe how much work it was getting there though. We went on divisions and asked one of the members to help us bring all of them in his pick up. All the work paid off though.

We had a super cool experience this week. Ok, so about a week ago when I was with Hna Jiminez, we decided to try something a little different. What we did was, before we left the house, we thought of a certain area that we were going to go contact. And before we left, we prayed and told Heavenly Father where we were going to contact and asked that he would put someone in our path that needed to hear about the gospel. So we go to this area in the middle of the jungle. SUPER far! But the first house we come to, she let us right it. So we go back this week and we had a really good lesson with her. And I felt like I should tell her the story about how we found her. And she just BURST into tears. I mean she was crying hard. She said that about 2 days before we came she just had the most overwhelming desire to go to church. She didnt care which church, just any one. She said she was praying so hard that she would be able to find a church to go to and then we showed up. She said that every time that we teach her, she just feels something that she cant describe. She said its like happiness but something indescribible. She just kept saying, "is this normal?" Should I be feeling like this?" She is so sweet. And a perfect example of someone prepared to hear about the restoration of the gospel.

Well I dont have time to write about all the only great stuff that happened this week but I will send lots of pics to tell the stories. I love you and miss you all soooo sooo soo much! Thank you for being the most amazing family EVER!

Love, Hermana Kami Alyse Alston

My comp Hna Jimenez that came and went so fast.

people selling stuff to the people in the bus. This is where we catch the bus.

At the nursing satalite conference.
President took us to the beach just for fun. I wanted to see it! haha I love them!

With Hna Maravilla
Me and my daughter on the left. And Hna Hidalgo and her daughter on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment