Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 3rd

Hey family! Well sorry it took me sooo long to write today. I had to go to Reu to a meeting with Hna and Pres Maravilla and the Doctor over Central America and all the mission Presidents and nurses in Central America. It was on Skype of course. But that took pretty much all day and now my Pday is gone. I didnt even get one. Oh well. I guess I will live.

Congratulations Lindsey! I can{t believe you are a mommy! That freaks me out! I am soooo happy for you though! I wish I could be there with all my heart and soul! Just to give you guys a big hug and then come back. haha I love you sis!

This week once again went by ridiculously fast and I forgot to write down what I wanted to tell you all about during the week so I will do the best I can to remember but don{t judge me if my email is boring ok? Yes, we did get to watch conference and I LOVED IT SO MUCH! Its amazing how much I was looking forward to it! And how fast it came and went. I also felt like I was connected to the good ol US of A a little bit and was thinking of yall watching it at the same time. Fun! I loved Presidents Uchtdorf talk in the Sunday morning session I think it was. He is always my favorite speaker. The best part of conference though was that SEVEN of our investigators came to it! Woohoo!! We were so thrilled! We have a lot of possible baptisms coming up this month but nothing is set in stone yet.

So cool story. one day we were looking for the house of a contact that we had contacted earlier in the week (that we never actually found) when we met Carolina. She is a single mom of 2 and is so amazing! We asked her for directions and she immediately started asking questions about the church. So we taught her right then and there and she started just pouring out her heart to us and telling us that she just feels so alone and like something in her life is missing and shes finally ready to find what that thing is. She said that she was just watching TV and all of the sudden got a big desire to go outside. She said it was weird cause she never just goes and sits outside but that she decided to. Then right then, we walked up and started talking to her. She said "I dont know if its coincidence or not but I want to hear what you have to say". So we taught her about the restoration of the gospel and she said a beautiful prayer in the end. Our second lesson with her she said that everything in her life was going better since we visited her and that maybe that was Gods answer to her prayer that this church is true. She came to conference and we have another apt with her in an hour. Im excited to see what happens with that!

The only other exciting this that happened this week is....I ATE IGUANA! So we have these friends in the ward and when we went to go visit their house for the first time, they were cooking an iguana on their grill. A HUGE, WHOLE iguana. So they live in the middle of the pure jungle. It is awesome! And right on the river. And they love to hunt and they hunt iguanas and other very strange animals that i have never heard of. Including Parrots. Sad. But anyways, they showed me pictures and these things are HUGE! They look more like aligators. I guess there are tons around where they live. We also saw a ton of exotic looking birds while we were there just flying wild and they told me that they see otters in the river all the time. Who knew that there were otter living in the rivers in Guatemala...not me! Im glad I didnt know about all the creatures that lived in the river before I washed clothes in there. Yikes!

My other story I have for you is about another animal.....a TERRIBLE ONE! So as I was falling asleep one nght, I heard something fly by my head. But I just assumed it was a fly or something but then I heard it again and I was thinking "no, that is way bigger than a fly" but I ignored it cause I was soooooo exhausted and just wanted to sleep. (by the way, we always sleep with out door wide open. actually, we dont even close it during the day. we never close it) Anyways, you would not believe what I woke up to....my worst nightmare. A moth. BUT this was no ordinary moth. It was the size of my head. I am not even overexagerating about this. I thought I was going to die. So I woke up my comp and we tried to get it out of the house but it just kept dive bombing my head and I thought I was going to die. So we both jump on my bed and start screaming bloody murder and trying to hit it. This went on for a good 2 minutes. Finally, it flew under the bed. So we immediately ran outside to get help from one of our neighbors. I thought I was going to have to knock on one of their doors to ask them to help. But dont worry. There were like 4 people waiting outside of our door because they thought one of us was getting murdered. hahaha! So our neighbor got it and took it out of the house for us. What a NIGHTMARE!!! You KNOW how much I hate moths. The latinos believe that big black moths are bad luck (of course) and that is means that youre going to die during the week so everyone has been telling me that we were going to die. Including my comp. She believes it with all her heart that its bad luck and that everything bad is going to happpen to us because of it.

Well fam, hope I didnt bore you but I love you more than life itself! Have a fantastic week!

Love, Hermana Kami Alyse Alston
H
This is the Iguana that we ate. Yummm!

This is the little girl in the family holding one of the Iguanas they shot. The iguanas that they hunt are HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE its ridiculous! Sorry its so blurry.

Typical Guatamalan clothes. She insisted that we tried them on. Most of the ladies here in Mazate use these clothes every day.

Funny sight I saw this morning walking down the street in the middle of the city. Only in Guatemala. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment