Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 21st


Hello my dear family. first and foremost, I would like to appologize for my horrible punctuation and lack of enthusiasm in this email. Only about one half of the keys are broken on this keyboard. Including the exclamation point key which is my main form of punctuation.

second, Happy Thanksgiving. I will be working at the temple on thanksgiving but our zone will be doing something fun to celebrate on friday I think. I will be thinking about you all a ton. dont forget to record all the singing for me. I will miss that a lot. It is so weird to me that this is my second Thanksgiving on the mission. What in the? The time passes sooo ridiculously fast.

This week was pretty wonderful and very crazy. We worked at the temple a lot. all the sisters here in Mazate had to take a bus to Reu first and spend the night there in a huge empty house with just a bunch of matresses on the floor with all of the Hermanas so we could all go up to Xela together. so it was pretty much a party.But then after working at the temple, we would get back to our areas, work for a few hours and then have to do everything over again. so this week was VERY tiring. The temple was awesome as usual. It is so fun to hear everyones comments about the temple. I hear that the mission is already having baptisms from the people who went. Maria Gloria, one of our recent converts went with her daughter and when they got back we asked them how it was. she said, It was the weirdest thing, my heart started racing really fast and I started crying. It was something that I have never felt before. Things like that just strengthen my testimony so much. and heres why. Maria Gloria has 0 education. Most of the time she is very confused. she cannot read and Im pretty sure she does not understand half of what we teach her. But she felt the spirit. THaT she can do. Its things like that that help me understand that I too feel the spirit. Its not something that I make up in my head. I am not brainwashed because I was raised in the church. I have felt the spirit just like Maria Gloria described testifying to me of so many things. I love my job.

Other good news, we had 3 baptisms on friday. Their names are julia, mirza and rai. They are all siblings. I felt so blessed after these baptisms because when we first started teaching them, they did not want anything to do with the church and straight up said, I hate your church. and when we asked what they didnt like about it, they said everything. But we promised them that if they prayed, read the book of mormon and went to church, that they would change their minds. We didnt think that they would actually do it but they started reading at a ridiculously fast rate, prayed and went to church and the temple open house. after church, we challenged them to be baptised for the 1 millionth time and they said yes so fast. They said that they felt really really good at church and shared an awesome testimony with us. Their parents also want to get baptised but the husband has to get divorced first from his other wife and get married to the mom. They have been together like 20 years but have never gotten married. The mom, Maria, is amazing. she has sUCH a strong testimony. at the baptism of the kids,she was just crying the entire time. she wants to get baptised so bad and is going to the temple again. she says she never wants to leave there. hehe The only problem is, is that you have to wait 6 months to get married again after you get divorced so I wont be here for the baptism. sad.

I sang again this week for stake conference and there were so many people I almost peed my pants. It was a nightmare. But I got asked to sing again in another activity in december. Bless these peoples hearts. They just dont ever hear special musical numbers or anything so they think that anything is like the best thing they have ever heard. little do they know that it is very mediocre.

Changes are coming up on Wednesday but President already told me that I dont have them. I am very pleased cause I am VERY close to the ward members and my neighbors and everyone here and they all wanted us to stay for Christmas so that we could celebrate together. I am very excited for that. But my mother, Hna Nelson is going home so I am rather sad. And my bff...you know, Hna Roney. haha

Well I am out of time but since it is almost Thanksgiving and all I just wanted to say how thankful I am for all of you. You all support me a ridiculous ammount and are what keep me going every day. THANK YOU!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Love, Hermana Kami Alyse Alston

p.s. Dont have any fun without me on Thanksgiving.

Working at the temple
Our group of Hermanas that went

Staying the night in Reu with everyone before the temple

Xela scenery

I couldnt get a picture with them cause I was to chicken but Hna Roney wasnt. These are typical Guatemalan clothes. LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment