Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 5th

Hola Familia!

Well first off, dont worry, I didnt get robbed this week. ha So thats always a good thing. My district leader did call my phone a bunch of times to see if the robber would answer and sure enough, he answered and said "GRINGO! Stop bugging me!" For the nerve! It was kind of nice not having a phone for a few days. No sick people calling me. The second they got me new phone though, I got about 1 million calls. And all the Elders that were sick were so thrilled to finally be talking to me. haha It was funny.

This week has been crazy with sick people. 2 Elders have had to go to the emergency room. One Elder called me at 3 in the morning. It was very sad. He had kidney stones and thought he was going to die of pain. I made him wait till the morning to do to the doctor. He probably hates me now. Oh well, what can ya do?

This week was the last week of traveling and inspecting houses. We went to Tiquisate, inspected the houses here in Mazatenango and then went to Malacatan to finish off. I think Malacatan was my favorite area in the mission. Super pretty and jungly! We could only go to like half of the houses there though because the road was closed off and there were a bunch of locos in the street protesting against something. Not sure what.

Something else very exciting happened to us. So I have my suitcases under my bed. I take them out periodically to get something out of it or put something in it. So anyways, I had something that I had to put in my suitcase so I pulled it out from under my bed and I saw a ball of something on top of it so I looked real close and realized that there were 5 very small, bald and pink, baby RATS!!!! Waaaaa! While I was peacefully sleeping, a rat was giving birth under my bed!! WHY? So I screamed a ton and ran to my neighbors house once again so he could help us. So he came in and took them out. What a disaster. I cant believe I live with such creatures. I think that Heavenly Father is trying to shove in all the experiences he can before I go home. hahaha Have I mentioned that I love my life?

So I dont think Ive told you before of this investigator that we have known for like 6 months. Her name is Vivi. She is 25 ish and has one kid and lives with her boyfriend. She goes to church every single Sunday. She even gets there before us. She was one of our witnesses at the wedding of one of our investigators, she goes to every baptism we have. She is great and has wanted to get baptized for forever but cant because she lives with her boyfriend. But the thing is, is that her boyfriend has another woman and she just had a baby. He is a total jerk. So anyways, after 6 months of teaching her, she decided to leave her boyfriend. She came to church yesterday and said that she wanted to tell me something. So she told me that she is leaving her boyfriend and is going to get baptized before the end of the month so I can be at her baptism! Woohoo!!!! I am soooo excited! We are the best of friends. She hangs out withour zone on pday and everything. Its funny.

Well I had more to tell you but I am out of time. Sorry! I love you all so so so much! Until next week!

- Hermana Kami Alyse Alston

Me and Hna Arroyo

Me and some friends. The one on the right is Hna Halling. She will be going home the same day as me.

The precious little rats on my suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment